1. Basic information for data processing
We attach the greatest importance to the protection of your data entrusted to us. The collection, processing and use of personal data is subject to the provisions of current legislation and data protection regulation (GDPR).
This privacy statement explains the type, scope and purpose of the processing of personal data within our website and other processing systems, functions and content (hereinafter jointly referred to as "website"). This privacy statement is applicable regardless of the domains, systems, platforms and devices (for example, desktop or mobile) upon which the website is accessed.
• Terminology used, such as "personal data" or its "processing" refers to the definitions in Art. 4 of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
• The users' personal data processed within the framework of this website includes inventory data (such as names and addresses of customers), contract data (e.g. Services used, names of agents, payment information), usage data (for example, the pages visited on our website, interest in our products), and content data (for example, entries in the contact form).
• The term "users" includes all categories of people affected by the data processing. They include our business partners, customers, interested parties and other visitors to our website. Terminology used such as "users" is to be understood as gender-neutral.
We only process users’ personal data in compliance with the relevant data protection regulations. This means that the users’ data will be processed only if there is legal permission, i.e. in particular if
• the data processing is necessary or is a legal requirement for the provision of our services within the scope of the agreement (e.g. processing of orders) and online services,
• informed consent has been given by the user,
• and for our legitimate interests (i.e., interest in the analysis, optimization and economic operation and security of our website within the meaning of Art.6, para. 1 lit. f. GDPR), particularly in the range measurement, creation of profiles for advertising and marketing purposes, as well as collection of access data and use of third party services.
We would like to point out that the legal basis of the consent Art. 6 para. 1, lit. a and Art. 7 GDPR, the legal basis for the processing and implementation services in order to fulfil our contractual measures Art. 6 para. 1, lit. b. GDPR, the legal basis for the processing in order to fulfil our legal obligations Art. 6 para. a, lit. c GDPR and the legal basis for the processing to protect our legitimate interests is Art. 6, para. 1 lit. f. GDPR.
2. Security Measures
We meet organisational, contractual and technical security measures in order to ensure that the provisions of the data protection laws are complied with, and to ensure protection of the data processed by us against accidental or intentional manipulation, loss, destruction or access by unauthorized persons.
3. Disclosure of data to third parties and third-party suppliers
Disclosure of data to third parties only takes place within the framework of the legal guidelines. We give the data of users to third parties only if required, for example, on the basis of Art. 6 para. 1 lit. b. GDPR for contractual purposes or on the basis of legitimate interests according to Art. 6 para. 1 lit. f. GDPR for economic and effective operation of our business activities.
If we use subcontractors in order to provide our services, we will take appropriate legal measures and appropriate technical and organisational measures for the protection of personal data in accordance with the relevant statutory provisions.
In as far as content, tools or other resources from other suppliers (hereinafter jointly referred to as "third parties") can be used within the scope of this privacy statement, and their named location is in a third country, it is assumed that a data transfer takes place in the country of domicile of the third party. Third countries are understood to be countries in which the GDPR is not a directly applicable law, that is, in principle, countries outside the EU or the European Economic Area. The transfer of data to third countries is carried out if an adequate level of protection for the data, a user consent or other legal permission is present.
4. Online presence, order processing, and information about the product portfolio
We process inventory data (such as names and addresses, as well as contact data of users), contract data (for example, services used, names of contact persons, payment information) in order to fulfil our contractual obligations and services according to Art. 6, para. 1, lit. b GDPR.
Users have the option to create an account in order to buy products in our online shop and can view their orders. As part of the registration process, the necessary mandatory information is communicated to the users. User accounts are not accessible by the public and cannot be indexed by search engines. If an account is terminated upon request, the data in relation to the user account is deleted, whose retention is judged necessary for commercial or tax reasons according to Art. 6, para. 1 lit. c. GDPR. It is the responsibility of the users to safeguard their data in the event of termination before the end of the contract. We are entitled to permanently delete all stored data of the user during the duration of the contract.
In the context of registration and re-registration and use of our website, we store the IP address and the time of the respective user activity. Storage is carried out on the basis of our legitimate interests, as well as for protection of the user against misuse and other unauthorised use. Disclosure of this data to third parties does not generally occur, unless it is necessary to pursue our claims or there is a legal obligation according to Art. 6, para. 1. lit. c GDPR.
We process usage data (for example, the pages accessed on our website, interest in our products), and content data (for example, entries in the contact form or user profile) for advertising purposes in a user profile, for example to show users product information based on their previously selected services.
5. Cookies & Reach Measurement
Cookies are pieces of information that is transferred from our web server or third-party web servers to the web browser of the user and stored for later retrieval. Cookies can be small files or other types of stored information.
If users do not want cookies to be saved on their computers, they will be asked to the disable relevant option in the system settings of their browsers. Stored cookies can be deleted in the system settings of the browser. The exclusion of cookies may restrict the functionality of this website.
6. Google Analytics
Google will use this information on our behalf in order to evaluate the usage of our site by users, to compile reports on the activities within this website and to provide us with further services linked with the use of this website and internet-related services. In doing so, pseudonymous user profiles may be created from the processed data profiles of the users. We use Google Analytics only with activated IP anonymity. This means that the IP address of the user is shortened by Google within member states of the European Union or in other contracting states of the Agreement regarding the European Economic Area. Only in exceptional cases will the full IP address transferred to a Google server in the USA and shortened there.
• https://www.google.com/intl/de/policies/privacy/partners ("Data used by Google during your use of websites or Apps of our partners")
• http://www.google.com/policies/technologies/ads ("Data use for advertising purposes")
• http://www.google.de/settings/ads ("Information that Google uses to provide ads for you")
7. Non-promotional and promotional e-mails and newsletters
With the creation of a customer account in our online shop you agree to the transit of non-advertising e-mails that contain important information regarding our business relationship, such as information about your customer account, price adjustments, changing contacts and other important information that influences a joint cooperation.
We will clarify the content of our newsletter and the login, shipping, and statistical evaluation procedures, as well as prevention options with the following notes.
By subscribing to our newsletter, you consent to the receipt and the described procedures, as well as with this privacy notice.
Content of the newsletter: We send out newsletters, E-mails and other electronic notifications with advertising information (hereinafter referred to as the "newsletter") only with the consent of the recipient or legal permission. In addition, our newsletters contain information on our products, offers, promotions, events and our company.
Registration procedure: You have the option to register for the newsletter on the home page of our website - http://53degrees.ie.
The use of the shipping service provider, implementation of the statistical surveys and analyses, as well as recording the registration procedure, is made on the basis of our legitimate interests according to Art. 6, para. 1, lit. f GDPR. Our interest is focused on the use of a user-friendly and secure newsletter system, which serves both our business interests, as well as the expectations of users.
Termination/Cancellation – you can cancel receipt of our newsletter at any time, i.e. revoke your consent.
8. Integration of services and content of third parties
We use content or service offerings from third-parties within our web site on the basis of our legitimate interests (i.e., interest in the analysis, optimisation and economic operation of our website in accordance with Art. 6 para. 1 lit. f. GDPR) in order to integrate their contents and services, such as videos or fonts (hereinafter referred to as "content"). This always assumes that the third-parties of this content recognise the IP address of the users, as without the IP address they would be unable to send the content to their browsers. The IP address is therefore required for the presentation of this content. We strive to use only such content, whose respective providers use the IP address only for the delivery of the content. Third-party providers can also use so-called pixel tags (invisible graphics, also known as "web beacons") for statistical and marketing purposes. Information such as visitor traffic on the pages of this website can be evaluated by the use of pixel tags. The pseudonymous information may also be stored in cookies on the user’s device and may contain among other things, technical information about the browser and operating system used, referring websites, access period and further information about the use of our website, and may be connected with such information from other sources.
The following diagram provides an overview of third-party vendors and their content, along with links to their respective privacy statements, which contain further information about the processing of data and, in some cases already mentioned here, the prevention options (so-called opt-out):
• External fonts from Google, Inc. (https://www.google.com/fonts). The integration of the Google fonts is done by a server call by Google (usually in the USA). Privacy Statement: https://www.google.com/policies/privacy/, Opt-Out: https://www.google.com/settings/ads/.
• Maps of the service "Google Maps" of the third-party provider Google Inc., 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA. Privacy Statement: https://www.google.com/policies/privacy/, Opt-Out: https://www.google.com/settings/ads/.
• Videos from the platform "YouTube" of the third-party provider Google Inc., 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA. Privacy Statement: https://www.google.com/policies/privacy/, Opt-Out: https://www.google.com/settings/ads/.
• Functions of the Instagram service may be integrated within our website. These functions are offered by Instagram Inc., 1601 Willow Road, Menlo Park, CA, 94025, USA. If you are logged into your Instagram account you can link the contents of our pages with your Instagram profile by clicking on the Instagram buttons. Instagram can thereby match your visit to our site with your user account. We would like to point out that as providers of the website, we do not receive any information as to the content of data sent through Instagram, nor how it is used. Privacy Statement: http://instagram.com/about/legal/privacy/.
9. Rights of Users
Users have the right to request, free of charge, to receive information about the personal data we have stored about them. In addition, users have the right to correction of incorrect data, restriction of the processing and deletion of their personal data, if applicable, to assert their right to data portability and, in the case of the acceptance of unlawful data processing, file a complaint with the responsible supervisory authority. Users may also, in principle, revoke consent with effect for the future.
Deletion of data
Data stored by us is deleted as soon as it is no longer required for its intended purpose and its deletion does not contravene any statutory retention obligations. If the user’s data cannot be deleted because it is necessary for other legally permitted purposes, its processing is restricted. In other words, the data is secured and cannot be used for other purposes. This applies, for example, to data of users which must be kept for commercial or tax reasons.
Right of objection
Users can object to the future processing of their personal data in accordance with the statutory requirements at any time. The objection may be in particular against processing for the purposes of direct marketing.
10. Credit Card Details
53degrees realises the importance of the responsibility which you have placed on us by disclosing your payment details. We do not store this information. When you need to enter your payment details for a purchase/transaction, you will be automatically redirected to a fully-secured page hosted by Realex, our payment processors. Realex has been selected by 53degrees on the strength of their experience and based on highest industry-standards in processing payments for many household brands, both on and off the internet. Realex has been accredited with the AIS (Account Information Security) certification by VISA and is one of the few companies in Europe to achieve this. All information while in transit via the internet is encrypted (128bit SSL) to ensure confidentiality of sensitive data. Furthermore, to ensure that your card is not used fraudulently, we require that you enter the three-digit security code at the back of your card to verify the transaction. This means that only the person responsible for the card can make a transaction.
Changes to the Privacy Statement
We reserve the right to amend the privacy statement to suit changed legal situations, or if changes are made to the service and the data processing. However, this only applies with regard to explanations of data processing. If user consents are required or if parts of the privacy statement contain provisions of the contractual relationship with the users, the changes take place only with the consent of the user.
Users are asked to obtain regular updates about the contents of the data protection policy.